Two weeks before your shoot
- Schedule a time with me and pay for your services. After we’ve talked about what you want in your photography and scheduled a tentative time, I will send you a confirmation email with the notes on our conversation (location, time, number of wardrobe changes, requests, etc.) and a PayPal link to pay me. Your session is not confirmed until I’ve received your payment.
- Increase your water intake. The recommendation for all of us are half your body weight in ounces per day. So if you weigh 100lbs, you should be drinking 50oz. of water each day. This is especially important to prepare for your photoshoot. The longer you can do this before your shoot, the better you’ll feel at the shoot, the cleaner and brighter your skin will look, and the easier it will be to move around. Water flushes and cleanses your system from the inside out and that will create better pictures of you!
- Think about your clothing. In general, you should be comfortable and feel great in your clothing. The clothing you choose should reflect your personality. If you’re doing a group shot, the clothing should be generally coordinating, though not matching. Solid colors look better than most prints. Choosing clothing all of a similar hue (the intensity of the color) makes for the best pictures, because then we (the viewer) can concentrate on faces.
- Have your hair trimmed. If your hair needs a trim, it is best to do this at least two weeks before your photoshoot. This allows it time to relax a bit after the cut and have you become used to styling it.
One Week before your Shoot
- Increase your fruit intake. Continue drinking all that water, but now also increase your fruit intake. Like water, this will help to flush your system out and you might even lose a pound or two before your shoot! Eating fruit, especially with the skin on (apples, pears, etc.) also increases the beauty of your skin and health of your hair.
- Pick and coordinate the clothing. Do this now so that you know what you have and don’t have. Choose everything right down the shoes and socks (which can show in different poses!) so that it all works together.
One Day Before your Shoot
- Continue water and fruit.
- Review your confirmation email.
- Look for a confirmation text from me to ensure that we’re still on for your scheduled time.
One Hour before your Shoot
- For women, freshen and strengthen your make-up. Everyday make-up is good for everyday, but you’ll want it slightly stronger for your photoshoot.
- Pack all wardrobe changes (if any) and/or props (if any). Also pack a water bottle for yourself, so that if we are moving around, you’ll have water to drink.
- Ensure that you have a map to the location if you need it.
- Brush and floss your teeth.
- Use the bathroom just before you leave!
- Leave in plenty of time to arrive at the site 5-10 minutes early. You should feel free to look around and find any locations that you might like to take advantage of. I will already have done this and have suggestions, but you might see something you really like and that makes it better for both of us.