During February, I’m calling for at least eight couples to be photography models. I need older couples and young couples and sweet couples and fun couples as I work to build my portfolio of couple shots and practice some specific skills.
WHAT YOU’LL RECIEVE
As a thank you gift for agreeing to be my couple models, you will receive
- ONE IMAGE. One high resolution digital image of the two of you will be emailed to you within two weeks after your photoshoot. I will select and edit the very best image for you!
- TWO IMAGES. If you like (or have already liked) my Gray Havens Photography Facebook page, you’ll receive two high resolution digital images which I choose and edit.
- THREE IMAGES. If you tag someone else on any of the “model call” posts I’m creating on Facebook, you’ll receive three high resolution digital images chosen and edited by me and emailed to you within two weeks of your shoot.
- For additional images, see information below.
- If you schedule a photography session as a part of your couple shoot for sometime in the next 6 months, you’ll receive 30% off that session! Look over your calendar before you come and we can schedule a Spring or Summer session. (A one hour session is $180 and is useful for seniors, missionaries, or small families. Additional types of sessions can be added as well.)
- And you can sign up, if you like, to be considered for one of four family sessions that I’ll be doing in March!
WHAT I NEED FROM YOU
Clothing. For your couple session, I need you to come casual, comfortable solid-colored clothing that you feel good in. Neutral or dark-ish colors work best and the two of you should be coordinated or matched perfectly. Bringing another choice or two in shirts is recommended to get the look we want.
Preparation. See Preparing for Photography for more suggestions on preparing. Be sure to brush and floss your teeth just before you come.
For her: come beautiful…hair done, make-up gorgeous, nails freshly trimmed and/or painted. For him: come handsome…hair combed and nails trimmed.
Stairs. My studio is on the second floor of my home, and my home is a flight of steps from the street, so you’ll need to be able to climb two flights of stairs to have this photography done. HOWEVER, if we have a nice day or if the snow is good looking, I will discuss doing outdoor pictures with you!
Babysitter. Please leave little ones at home with a babysitter. We will work together to create beautiful photography for only a half an hour and we need to focus on you during that time. I LOVE creating children’s portraits, but that’s not what this time is for.
Punctuality. Please be on time for your shoot. I am doing back-to-back shoots and if you are late, you may have reduced time or lose your slot entirely.
Model Release. When you arrive, I’ll have you sign a model release form. This signifies that you understand that I’ll be using your photography as part of my portfolio and marketing materials.
Please call or text me at 801-922-0436 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or message me on Facebook to schedule a time. Couple shoots will be scheduled on Saturday, February 3, 10, 17, & 24 at 11am or Noon.
WHY I AM DOING THIS
First, I’m working to drill myself in some specific skills: posing, lighting, expression, composition.
Second, it’s February and it just seemed like a good idea to do couples!
Third, I’m building my portfolio of one specific item “romantic photography”. While I need to work on all aspects of couple photography, I am looking to build a small niche in creating …”Mormon boudoir”… that is photography that is really just for the couple, but in no way sexual. The couple will be modestly dressed, but looking at each other in a way that says “I love you”. Or they’ll be holding hands. Or kissing a hand or a forehead. It is sweet photography, just for the couple, of their love.
Come! Let me create these images for you!
If you would like to see and/or receive additional images from your session, we will need to schedule a time for you to view them and select those you’d like to purchase. The first three digital images (as stated above) are a gift to you to thank you for letting me practice on you. Additional images take additional processing time and as such, have additional cost in time and effort to me, so additional images are only available for purchase.
To view your images, we will schedule a Image Review session at your convenience. I will prepare all the images that are worth your time to look at, so that you can see many from the session. Image prices are as follows:
10 digital images
8×10 (matted for 11×14)
11×14 (matted for 16×20)
16×20 (matted for 18×24)
Images are printed using Miller’s Professional Imaging and are presented to you matted in white or black, whichever sets off the image best. Printed images come with the same image in a digital format. Printed images will be delivered or mailed within a month of your Image Review appointment.